HALF MARATHON TRAINING PROGRAM
We are officially SOLD OUT for 2017!
To be added to our wait list, please email Layne at email@example.com
Training Program Administered by Mike Rush, owner Rush Running Company, Bentonville, AR
Don't worry if you've been through the program before! There will still be at least 200 spots for the Training Program available when normal registration opens online at 12:01am September 5th (Labor Day).
We hope that this small change will only continue to grow, support, and educate our running community in Northwest Arkansas!
Please note: The Training Program is limited to the first 300 people to register
- Training program includes
- 15 weeks of clinics and group runs
- Clinics include micro-classes on hydration, fuel and nutrition, stretching, and injury prevention
- Group Runs meet every Saturday from December 6 - March 21
- Complete program from start to finish to prepare you to run 13.1 miles by April 2nd
- Training Program starter kit includes
- Step by step guide on how to train for a half marathon
- Water bottle
- Official training shirt
- Race number belt
- Reflective vest
- All clinics and Saturday group runs meet at the Downtown Activity Center, 215 SW A Street, Bentonville, AR.
- Massage therapist or certified ART (Active Release Therapy) specialist at every clinic/group run to assist those in training with any soreness issues
- Race Day VIP Area-the Downtown Activity Center will be reserved the morning of the half marathon from 6 a.m.-8 a.m. exclusively for those in the training program. The DAC will be stocked with pre-race fluids and food, warm rooms, and private restrooms. DAC also has shower facilities available for those that would like to shower after the race.
- Drop bags and secure location for personal items for those enrolled in the training program will be available at the Downtown Activity Center on the morning of the race. Feel free to leave your valuables and warm gear in your drop bag at the Downtown Activity Center while you run.
- Deadline to register for training program is November 16th.
- Waiver of participating must be signed at first attended group run
- Saturday group run is highly recommended to keep you on task. Two optional group runs are available on Monday and Wednesday evenings at 6 p.m. Monday is a speed session at Old Tiger Stadium on Tiger Blvd in Bentonville, and the Wednesday session is a fun run that leaves from the Downtown Activity Center in Bentonville.
Rush Running Company-Bentonville's Race Headquarters
Mike and Allison Rush, owners1600-2 DE J StreetBentonville, AR 72712(479) 464-7866www.rushrunning.com
Testimonials from the Training Program:
"Training Program was awesome. I feel like a "runner" now. It's a way of life for me. Very inspiring. Challenging. Great for mind/body/soul. I feel so refreshed after our runs. Loved running as a group on Saturdays. Loved meeting new people!"
"I went from a 5k twice a year to this 1/2 marathon. Dream come true. I fully expected to finish under 2 hours. Couldn't have done it without the training group! Many thank you all the volunteers who made it happen!!"
"I now have a greater appreciation for running! I understand how to prevent injury, proper breathing pattern, proper nutrition, and more! It has been a great experience!"
"I've lost 12 pounds total so far. After my first baby I promised to do a better job of getting healthier. I've found that I love to run! Thanks for all your support!"